PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE TO CALL (201-261-7321) IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS REGARDING THE INSTALLATION OF YOUR SUPERIOR KOI HEATER.
RADIANT HEAT SYSTEM PURGING INSTRUCTIONS
WARNING!! Before attempting to plug unit into 110 volts, you must fill the system with water or you will burn out the pump.
1. Attach garden hose water supply to hot side of boiler.
2. Attach another garden hose to the cold side of boiler valve.
3. Open hot side boiler valve and turn on water supply (slow flow rate).
4. Open cold side valve with hose in bucket allowing the air bubbles to purge.
5. Once bubbles stop flowing out of hose, shut off cold side and open one loop system at a time and allow it to fill. Then open the cold side allowing bubbles to purge. Repeat for second loop.
6. Once this is accomplished the system should be free of air.
7. Close the boiler valves, shut off water supply and remove hoses.
8. Open supply and return blocks for loop system.
9. You can now plug the unit into 110 volt outlet.
10. To set the desired temperature in the pond, on the temperature controller press the white button and hold down, and dial desired temperature on the knob.
11. The temperature that appears as a constant is the pond temperature.
12. To operate your Superior Koi Heater you must provide a flue to the outside.
13. A LICENSED PLUMBER should do installation of gas line!
14. Remember to turn on the Digispan and set to 140 degrees.
15. If flow is not established check the filter on the boiler system for debris, if necessary, remove and clean the filter. Make sure to put your finger over the hole where the filter was so the water does not leak, or you will lose your purge.
Return to Heaters page.